Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Is It Okay To Shower With Silver

Quebec No. 1

Trois-Rivières, August 14, 2010

I'm back in the land of less than two weeks after a three-year stay in Malawi [i] . I plunges abruptly into another world. Nothing is similar or almost. Fortunately, I sail in these two parallel worlds without too much difficulty. I feel good here and there, free and happy.

This morning on the bike path, I had barely exceed cycling a man older than me who was traveling in inline skates. Moreover, he followed me very closely, despite my efforts to distance.

- " Continuing, he said, you're going at a good speed and you save me 30% of energy ."

My pride helping me, I rode the best I could to earn a thank you to the end of the race.

- " Have you seen the race track Grand Prix? , asks another cyclist, when I get off where I knew the energy saving my first skate athlete aligned. And then I understood! Here too, Trois-Rivieres, we strive in parallel worlds; the Grand Prix and the Festival of the Assumption.

The first is noisy, exciting, exhilarating and alcohol, helping bars, sex. The money is running at the pace of racing cars and everybody seems happy, especially at the height of the gr ande wheel located downtown.

The second is peaceful, internalizing, calling to prayer on the theme of joy and hope. Even the wheelchairs move slowly. The crowd, because it is there, past the age of overtaking fast and young, for the most part, have black skin.

Me! I go to the Sanctuary and I see that the Church in Quebec has lost its momentum of old who was at the forefront be relayed to the last position of the pack in the race. It is advanced by all sides as to be often forgotten. For cons, the Church is still in the race. She remains on course to reach the finish line. As in the fable of the hare and the tortoise, the Church "the People of God in motion" wanders slow but confident. This is the work of hope. Faith leads us to Jesus through his mother Mary who we trace the path that is not a racetrack. The candles replace the red lights.

Grand Prix and the Festival of the Assumption are available the same day and it sounds contradictory. Indeed, there is room for everyone in Trois-Rivieres even if there are not enough bedrooms to accommodate all visitors.

Like a bicycle, the Grand Prix uses the 6 th speed while The Festival hits the first. It is hoped that the followers of racing will cross the finish line with the satisfaction of living a great time with friends and family. Also hope that the festival this year with its new and enjoyable form of prayer in his lively songs of Taizé, Latin and Creole, revives the hope of a large church in decline.

Father Serge St-Arneault [ii]


[i] small African country of 13 million, Malawi is sandwiched between Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia.

[ii] native of St. Adelphe but raised in La Tuque, Father Serge St-Arneault is a missionary in Africa since 1981. He has worked in Democratic Republic of Congo and Malawi. He is back in Canada for a year of study in Quebec.

0 comments:

Post a Comment