At, June 30, 2010
I have about a month before my departure from Malawi. I got the idea to trace the names of all those people who have staked my career over the past ten years, at least those I named my first since Letter from Malawi written September 27, 2001. I have listed 190 of which are fellow missionaries, missionary interns, volunteers, international cooperation, priests, bishops, cardinals and nuncios, nuns and Protestant pastors, theologians and philosophers, journalists and writers African traditional chiefs, queens and princesses in Europe, artists, singers and professional photographers, politicians, ambassadors, consuls and agents of the CIA, not to mention the Malawians, women, men and children and members of my family and distant friends. In all, I traced 22 nationalities among which are both Christians than Muslims, Jews and followers of traditional African religions.
This illustrates the shading of my travel journal. As the morning dew spreads her pearls on a spider web, referring to a diamond necklace under the sun, not only my letters turned into a diamond necklace under the large canvas of the Internet but also the discovery of such different people adds even more beauty to the fabric of life of human relations.
What's the latest?
Father Boucher completed Another architectural work of great beauty with the opening of a new showroom . This allows better describe the sculptures and crafts of women for sale to the public. Check it out!
The small Maureen who has burned his hand last year was often sick. Despite the dedication of her father to provide him with adequate health care, it remains very fragile. The cardiac shock after the accident can be the cause. Sakanako, dad, has managed to painstakingly build a better house brick. The previous one, made of blocks dried and ground to the roof of straw, collapsed under the weight of years of repeated attacks of termites.
My friend Kalindiza married Donata pretty Gwedeza June 5 last Mua. I had the joy to bless his marriage was a great celebration.
The maize harvest this year is excellent. The danger of famine, as happened in 2002, is rejected. Even with the sale price rather down, production surpluses allow some families to get money to improve their existence, or to pay school fees for children.
The world is a vast canvas that globalization intensifies. We are all partners of the same journey, the same destiny. Alongside the African farmer to a few large 'worldly', I had the privilege of living a great adventure in Malawi. The difficulties have not failed; learning Chichewa, adaptation to different places apostola
By reading these few lines, you understand that this is the last letter that I send you from Malawi. Thank you for tracking and hope to see you on one or the other thread of the fabric of the world.
Goodbye
0 comments:
Post a Comment